Wow, the last 6 month have been a whirlwind. I took a little break from blogging and some time off to reflect on my life. I came across some interesting revelations. But I have to say, I'm super excited to be back and writing once again, although sometimes it seems like I'm just speaking to myself, lol! But whateva yo! If you ain't checking this out, you missin' out! Anyway, I'm back with avengance - with my ghetto potty mouth and all.
So to get back into the grind , I thought I'd come back with highlights from some of my most memorable moments since my last post back in July 2012.
1. My first highlight....Getting laid off just two days ago. Seriously? No joke. I'm in the twilight zone right now and don't remember the last time I felt this happy and free. I'm seeing this as the perfect opportunity and blessing to get serious and kick-start my 6-year old business LoveJoy Vintage. I never imagined I could be so at peace and at ease from being let go. Funny thing is, for the last month I had been contemplating the idea of leaving my job to pursue my dream full-time - so the way I see it, this couldn't come at a more perfect time. Thank you universe!
2. My second highlight is that in October I sold my place, made a nice buck (from a two year investment) and paid off a $110k debt that was drowning me. It was a debt made up of school loans and the down payment I had borrowed from my dad to buy my place. Sad part of the whole thing was leaving the one place that I had bought, made my own and absolutely fell in love with - it was my perfect home. But in the end, something great came out of it, I freed myself from all that financial burden. It was life-changing and liberating.
3. The third highlight is that I ended up renting back my old place!! That's right bitchezz!! I ended up renting back my baby - the apartment I had just sold a month prior - and got a pretty decent deal too. How sick is that! Weird I know!! But I'm back in the place I love, enjoying all the little updates I had made - I couldn't be happier!
4. Next highlight is two-fold - it was rekindling my friendship with my friend Sofia who introduced me to our girl Bon Qui Qui. Sheeecck it out...
5. I also visited my best friend Marlene in Punta Cana Dominican Republic. We realized this year marks our 25th year anniversary as best friends. It seems so surreal to me. One because I can't believe I'm that freakin' old and two because I can't believe I'm that freakin' old, LOL. Oh, and I finally got to meet her youngest daughter Mila, my beautiful soon-to-be god-daughter.
6. Best highlight of all was finding out that I am going to be an aunt to my first nephew and the first child of my baby brother Jose (and my sis-in-law Anne). A sweet addition to our beautiful family (word up to my four nieces, lol).
So these were just a few of my blog-worthy moments in the last 6 months. Do you have any momentous or celebrated moments in 2012? Would love to hear about it, so feel free to share.
I leave you with this thought: “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should
avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” ~Denis